Indiblogger

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She is Back!!!

I saw Mrs Chitragada Singh for the first time in the critically acclaimed Hindi movie Hazaron Kwahishein Aisi.Though a apart of a cast which included brilliant actors like KK Menon and Shiney Ahuja,she managed to make her mark in the film industry.Her performance as "Geetha" totally blew me away.Its was one of the rare cinematic performance by a actor in female role which had totally blown me away.
Another moment comes to my mind is the introductory scene of Salma Hayek into mainstream hollwood in "The Desparado".That scene too "was a WOW" moment for me though it was more of a visual appeal more than anything.More credit should actually go to the Director than to Salma herself.



Coming back to Madam Chitragada,I was quite disappointed when she decided to quit the industry 2 years back after sterling performance in the only two movies she did.Impact those two movies had on me was that i paced here on the same pedestal as "Smitha Patel".(They look alike quite a lot").
She was and to some extend still is legend for me.

And now she is coming back.starting with Onir's "Sorry Bhai",she is planning a comeback into the industry.

This worries me.Will she be able to match the expectation set on herself by the start she had.I very much wonder whether she would be able to remain a legend d in my mind once she returns.Its easy to create legends of public figures whose time in the spotlight was cruelly cut down due to one reason or the other.I very much doubt whether people would have remembered Bruce Lee if he would have live d till 100 .Nor would Elvis be in the same platform as he is now if he had aged and died gracefully.

Lets wait n see how the things pan out in the coming months.Will she be able to hold on to the high pedestal I have have placed here,is a question that remains to be seen.

PS:Chitragada Singh has a famous spouse too.She is married to the leading Indian Golfer Jyoti Randhawa.

5 comments:

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

So what happens to Asin Aunty?

Anonymous said...

oh yeah dude .... what happens to asin, Genelia or ELEYANA ...

hahaha .. .... I know you are talking and I have to shut my mouth ...

Anonymous said...

Dude its not Chitragada Singh

its Chitrangada Singh

TheChosenOne said...

@abhinav :Well I can adjust have a big heart u see...
@annonymous:When you already know the A why ask the q ??? :)
@annonymous:As the late Sheik Spearji once said..."Whats in name....."

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.