Indiblogger

Saturday, December 11, 2010

And I found the needle !!

Google Helps you do it ...that is helps u find the needle...from the haystack of information out there....but you need to know what u are looking for...Some times you may know exactly what you are looking for and you may not find it...And then there are days when out of the blue the needle presents itself even when you dont have much of an idea about what it looks like....

Today out the blue I had two such experiences that has just made my day!!!

First of which was this haunting number "" the epic Franz Schubert's Avie Marie (Well I didnt know that till i found this video) .
Last night I was watching U.S sitcom "The Modern Family" (just realized my view of the Western world is completely based on th few American sitcoms I watch here in India...but thats going off tangent...hopefully another post some day),where in Cameron sings this haunting piece at a funeral..the entire sequence was interspersed with scenes of his partner struggling with a intruding bird at home....all in slow motion.

Well I may not be a connosier of music ,but I do get it when I hear a extraordinarie piece.And this is one...Apart from the fact that this is a haunting piece ,was the sense of dejavu I was feeling when I heard it.Also I could almost envision myself using this in any movie I was directing preferably in a gangsta shootout or mob assassination scene shot in slow motion.Every thing fit perfectly except for the simple fact that I had no idea what the song was.

Once the scene was done the only thing I remembered from the song was the intial two words "Ave Mariya" and I started trying my luck with various combination of these two to finally end up with the link above.Didnt have to struggle much as this seems to be famous composition.

And soon enough I realized the reason for "Deja vu" I was feeling.The song was used in the background score in the recently released movie "Hitman".So much for using the theme music in my movie now .


The second in the series was this one .
I heard this song being used in one of the programs in the indian music channel [V].
I had one round of hunt for this song previously and when I couldn't make much headway, as i didnt know what language the song was in, I had almost concluded that the song was a in house composition of channel [V] and left it at that.

Of late there has been a spurt in the number of dubbed South Indian movies in Hindi  based movie channels.Though not a fan,I do often make a pit stop at these channels when these movies are running ,as translation often make dialogues really hilarious and corny in Hindi.
This afternoon as i was laughing at one of these dubbed translations ,as is the case with most masala movies now,an item no started with strikingly similar tune.Though the song had lost all its charm once converted to hindi,I know knew exactly where to check for this song.

This time I fed "youtube Arya 2 ringa ringa" to lord google and the got the link above in return.
i spend the next hour first enjoying the song and the enjoying the new model. I bet she will soon be seen as rival to "Munni" and "Sheild" in the days to come  ...:) .And btw damn ..Allu Arjun can dance ??

PS:For those who are wondering the dancer in the second video is Erina and she is not of Indian origin.




Blogged with Flock

No comments: