Indiblogger

Saturday, April 08, 2017

and the things you used to own, now they own you!!

As i was watching The latest Hollywood release "the Social Network" the past week,I realized that the director of the movie is the same guy who who had given us the Fight club.
I remember seeing the Fight club and cheering on the lead character as they spoke of all that existential crap in few awesome sequences.A couple of year later I had managed read book from which it was inspired and found even more amazing quotes.

As a process of recollecting the experience of figh club I went about collecting the quotes that I really liked from the movie book

"You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you"


"It used to be enough that when I came home angry and knowing that my life wasn't toeing my five-year plan, I could clean my condominium or detail my car. Someday I'd be dead without a scar and there would be a really nice condo and car. "

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero. "

"This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."
"It's only after you've lost everything,that you're free to do anything"

"this is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. "

One minute was enough, Tyler said, a person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.

If you don't know what you want,"you end up with a lot you don't."

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

"..you're not how much money you've got in the bank. You're not your job. You're not your family, and you're not who you tell yourself.... You're not your name.... You're not your problems.... You're not your age.... You are not your hopes. "

"All a gun does is focus an explosion in one direction. You have a class of young strong men and women, and they want to give their lives to something. Advertising has these people chasing cars and clothes they don't need. Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy what they don't really need."
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't nee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello dear,My name is Rebort. I live in USA. I have done B.tech in Mechanical engineering and I am working in Vehicle towing company.I read your topic it is well good.