Indiblogger

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Akad bakad bambay bo,Here is how our votings go!!!!!

Tripti Elena George...that was the name if my memory serves me right.My first vote.
It was Standard Six,K.V.Pattom .And post she was vying for School People Leader.
Well she had short hair.Much like Gaby Sabatini.I liked Sabatini.So I voted for Tripti.It was as simple as that.

That was me a 11 year old deciding who needs to be the leader.Sometimes this though often goes through my mind,whether grownups are any better while exercising their franchise.

Most recently the thoughts came to me as i watching the much publicized goof up by US Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin ,in her interview with Katie Couric.
Boy,at times it looked like she had no idea what she was talking about.
I would infact rate this interview as the second most pathethic interview given by a public figure.(The first being the controversial interview of India HRD Minsiter Arjun Singh by Karan Thapar on CNN-IBN's Devils Advocate).

I also was fortunate enough to see the vice presidential debates where only only browny points she earned in the debate was through her smile,the out of the bluw "gotcha" "darn you ar right" and repeated references to "hockey moms" or a  "Joe Six pack".Other than that for most part it sounded pure rhetoric to me.

Yes .She is a charismatic leader who knows how to work up crowd .But is that enough qualification for you to stake claim to the the most powerful person in the world.(That could well happen as she is just a heartbeat away from taking control of the nuclear weapons in case Maccain wins this election.)

 Boy,Do we live in dangerous times !!!


Blogged with Flock

No comments: