Indiblogger

Friday, February 11, 2011

And then I tried to read Catch 22 !!

Ok I giving up now.

To Helen Keller I did like to say "Its not you ,its me" ...

300 more pages of absurdities is not something I am likely to take on right now.100 pages of Catch 22 over 1 month might make me a bad reader.But I enjoyed Yossarian's predictment.Liked the ridiculous conversations.Through all the absurdities the author did manage to bring out frustrations and the futility of war.
But the repatative nature is getting into my head.IMHO a satire should be short especially when you promote theme repetition.Alas its Catch 22 has not managed to do that.

I certainly hope to revisit Catch 22 on a later day,but certainily not in the near future.

Now to move on to a a more breezier read.

NB:
For any one who would still be tempted to read the bookhere a few gems from the first 100 pages...

"Like Olympic medals and Tennis trophies,all they signified was that the owner had done something ,that was of no benefit to anyone , more capably them everyone else"

"The case against Clevinger was open and shut.The only thing missing was something to charge him with"

"He know everything about literature except how to enjoy it."

No comments: